Saturday 29 March 2014

Dealing with Eczema: L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Anti-Redness CC Cream

I've mentioned before that I've been suffering with eczema resulting in the skin around my right eye being very red......not an attractive look. While I was waiting for this redness to tone down I decided to buy the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream that targets the redness in the skin and calms it down. It was €15.39 for 50ml in Boots.



So this product claims to
"work with your natural tone to help neutralise the appearance of redness"
This is a green cream containing "smart pigment capsules" that is meant to transform into a foundation upon contact with your skin.I found the fomula to be kind of grainy in consistancy but once applied to my face the grains (or somall pigment capsules) melted to create a beige colour.


As you can see when you rub it into the skin a green tinge still remains, eventually that does tone down though after a good bit of blending. The product blended well and had a lightweight feel on my face. It dried to a dewy glow, didn't make my skin oily and neither did it dry out my skin. As far as the formula is concerned this is a great product but...........it's a shame about the colour!


I really can't recommend this to anyone with pale skin. When it first applied to the skin it has a green tinge to it, eventually that green tinge dies down but you're left with a cc cream that's far too orange for pale skin! It really doesn't blend to your skins natural colour at all. As you can see from the photo above though it really does do what it says on the tin. From looking at the photo on the right you'd never know my eye was all red. It really does neutralise the redness and even out skin tone.

Overall:
Its such a shame about the colour of this cc cream because apart from that this is a wonderful product. But sadly it is not for those of us with pale skin as it leaves the skin with an green tinge and doesn't match it. I really didn't expect it to do such a good job on my eye (which actually looks a lot better in that photo than how it looked in person). I would have no problem recommending this to anyone suffering from red patches of skin on their face as long as they have medium toned skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every single one and reply to as many as I can. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog (I normally check them out anyway because I'm nosey)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40988914-1