Monday 30 September 2013

Maybelline Master Drama Kohl Eyeliner Deep Purple: Review





A little beauty trick I've seen time and time again is to use a purple eyeliner instead of a black one. It is meant to make my green eyes pop. So when I saw this new kohl liner from maybelline in my local Boots I just had to buy it!



The liner I got is the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Kohl Liner in Deep Purple/Ultra Violet (I've no idea why they decided to give the colour two names). The shade is a beautiful shimmery dark purple.I just adore the colour! It's super pigmented, creamy and long lasting! Once applied I can trust it to stay in place for about 6-8 hours (nothing amazing but still pretty good). I apply it to my upper lid and I much prefer how it looks compared to a black liner.





Unfortunately I'm not overly enamored with the fact that if I apply it to my waterline it smudges badly and melts away after around 2 hours. Another fault I have is that it's just too creamy (never thought that'd be a problem). This makes it quite difficult to sharpen as it's just too soft. I seem to be going through the pencil quite quickly because of this.



Overall it's a nice liner for the price (>€10). Creamy, great pigmentation and beautiful colour. Would I buy it again? Probably not, I think I'll keep my eye on the lookout for a more stable liner that isn't quite so soft.  


Thanks for reading
Katie

4 comments:

  1. The colour of this is lovely! such a shame about it not staying on your waterline for long! Its looks great on your lid though! :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice - I like the colour!

    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin? Let me know and I will follow you back :)
    http://mathilda2710.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a pretty nice shade of eyeliner - love the grey/black effect <3

    Check out my latest post at the AX Paris party! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every single one and reply to as many as I can. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog (I normally check them out anyway because I'm nosey)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40988914-1