Tuesday 15 April 2014

Hair Care Favourites for bleached hair


I've been a faux blonde since I was 15 years old, give or take a few spells as a brunette so as to give my hair a break from the bleach. The one big problem with blonde is that it requires a lot or care and attention to keep it in good condition. I've made a list of my favourite go to products to fight frizz and dryness, keep the split ends at bay and create big hair!




L'Oreal Elvive Color Protect Shampoo
This has always been my go to shampoo. It contains UVA and UVB filters to protect coloured hair from fading and also nourishes the hair to avoid dry ends. It cleans my hair, doesn't weigh it down and leaves no residue and I've never had any problems with it.

Swiss Opar Silver Shampoo
Every so often i also wash my hair with this silver shampoo. It's great for keeping the brassiness and yellowness, associated with blonde hair, away. If I feel there's a build up of brassiness I just leave it on my hair for 30 minutes and it does wonders removing it. I also love how vibrant and purple it is.

Garnier Ultimate Blend Colour Illuminator Conditioner
I bought this on a whim a while back and I just fell in love. It contains argan oil and cranberry extracts and really nourishes my hair and keeps it nice and soft.. It helps to keep my hair colour vibrant and shiny and smells great.



Pantene ProV 2min Deep Smoothening Masque
One of the joys of bleached hair is that my hair can become quite dry and frizzy if I'm not careful and sometimes a conditioner just doesn't quite cut it. This leaves my hair soft and hydrated and keeps the frizz at the end of my hair at bay. I normally leave it for ten to fifteen minutes as i feel two minutes doesn't give enough nourishment.

Argan Oil Hair Treatment
After I get out of the shower I like to rub a few pumps of this oil into the ends of my hair. It keeps my hair really sleek and doesn't leave it oily or greasy. I have a review of the oil here.



TRESemme Heat Defense Styling Spray
Blowdrying and straightening my hair can cause a lot of damage to my my locks. Protecting my hair against heat damage is fundamental in keeping my hair healthy and strong. This spray works wonders, it protects my hair, smells great and lasts for ages. I've had mine nearly a year now and I use it every time I blow dry.

TRESemme 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion
My hair can sometimes be limp and lifeless and look very drab. I normally spray it to my roots before I blowdry my hair and it gives a good amount of volume, provides hold and shape and lasts all day. It leaves no stickiness and doesn't leave my hair stray like.I like the added oompf and body it adds to my hair. 




Garnier Fructis Flexible Hold Volumising Hairspray
What I love about this hairspray is how strong it is while not making my hair sticky or crunchy. It's a very natural looking hairspray which can be brushed out easily. When I'm backcombing I just spray a little on my roots, backcomb and I'm left with big voluminous hair.

L'Oreal Paris Studio Line #TXT Volume Supersizing Spray
I'm a huge lover of big hair but I'm not so fond of the damage backcombing can do. I've written posts here and here on big hair look where I'm trying to cause as minimal damage as possible to my hair. This product is great as it gives my hair texture and oompf without ever going near it with a comb. It feels nice and light on the hair and doesn't weigh it down.


Tangle Teezer
Even though I have quite straight hair I can still get bad knots and tangles especially at the nape of my neck. This product has been a life saver for me. It has cut down the time I spend trying to untangle my hair and has alleviated me of the pain of it. I initially was skeptical about whether this would be worth the purchase as I only get knots every now and again but I'm so happy I decided to go for it. It has made my hair so much more manageable.

So there you have my list of my hair care products I'm currently using to keep it in good condition. Have any of you over processed hair? What are your favourite products to keep it healthy.
Thanks for reading.

xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every single one and reply to as many as I can. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog (I normally check them out anyway because I'm nosey)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40988914-1